The house Is On Fire With The Dog At Home Alone, The Stranger Goes And Runs Inside

Joe Loduha was on his way to a carpentry job in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin when training from his old job would come in handy. A former emergency medical technician, Joe passed by a house with smoke coming out of it. He pulled over to see what was going on, and a neighbor said there was a dog inside and that they’d called 9-1-1. Help was yet to arrive, so he heroically took matters into his own hands.

Due to the smoke rising from the back of the house, Joe broke the glass and the second front door and went inside to see the dog sleeping on the couch. He grabbed her and carried her outside to safety before returning to make sure there were no other animals or people inside. The fire department arrived shortly thereafter and extinguished the fire within 30 minutes.

Homeowner Patrick Otis would then arrive home to learn of the situation. He ran over to his dog, Darma, and reached out to hug the stranger who saved her life. The house had been destroyed, but nothing irreplaceable was lost. The Red Cross of Wisconsin would arrange housing for Patrick and Darma until they could get back on their feet.

As for Joe Loduha, he had some glass stuck in his leg from kicking down the door but was otherwise fine. What a hero!

H/T – Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

0 Shares